Monday, March 31, 2014

Falling Off the Wagon

Falling off the wagon is such an easy thing to do in the name of convenience.  It's so much easier to grab some chicken strips and toast at Raising Cane's than it is to wake up early enough to make lunch, or stay up late enough to make it the night before.  Am I right?  But that means making very unhealthy choices that I know will have negative affects on my health and well-being.  Do I do it anyway?  Oh, yes, all in the name of laziness!

Has anyone ever heard of DietBet? Essentially it's an online game where you bet a certain amount of money that by the end of the time period you can lose 4% of your weight. If you lose 4% or more of your weight by the end then you get some of the pot.  Everyone who loses 4% or more wins and the pot gets split between them, so at the very least you get your money back as long as you lose the weight.  Jillian Michaels is putting one on and so far the pot is $200,790.

I signed up for that, as well as an Advocare 24-Day Challenge that a friend of mine is putting on.  Through the Advocare products and the DietBet I'm getting tons of motivation that I am beyond excited for.


These are some of the healthy things I bought to help me out.  Cucumbers, avocado, bulk walnuts, coconut water, chia seeds, baby carrots, bulk spinach, cheese, and ginger.


Thanks to my dad lending me his juicer, I'm going to be using juice to help me get in the veggies and nutrients I need.  This is my first foray into juicing - spinach and carrot juice.  It was surprisingly good!  At least to me.  The other members of my household had varying reactions from not daring to try it to a shake of the head and a declaration that it was not for them.  I found the juice really filling so I'm excited to do more juicing!

As I do these 24- and 28-day challenges it's my goal to blog at least every couple days with progress and tidbits.  Let the games begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment