Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Day One

Welcome to day one!  I started my day at 7am, waking up early enough to get some exercise in.  I did a 30 minute full-body strength training workout on my Workout Trainer app, and did 30 minutes of a Leslie Sansone walking DVD.


To hydrate and energize me during my workout I had 16 ounces of coconut water with one scoop of mango-pineapple Rehydrate and a packet of watermelon Spark.  Yum!

The workout kicked my butt, but I am so proud of myself for getting up early and doing it!  Anyone who knows me knows how much I love to sleep in so it takes real dedication to give up some sleep to work out.  Once I was doing the workout I didn't mind it....except the part where I got hot and sweaty.  Anyone who knows me also knows how much I loathe being hot and sweating.  Haha.  I'm going to have to get over that!


For lunch I made some juice.  This one had one cucumber, three stalks of celery, two cups of bean sprouts, and one bulb of fennel.  I wasn't ecstatic about it, but it wasn't terrible.  Really just tasted like funny-tasting water so it could've been a lot worse!

I failed to take a snack with me to work so I was so hungry after work that I made some bad decisions.  Chicken nuggets and some chocolate-covered pretzels aren't the healthiest choice.  That said, I've learned my lesson.  I'll be taking snacks to work so that my hunger doesn't overcome my good judgement.  I already bagged up enough for the next week!


A little while ago I took my new favorite supplement.  If I do strength training during the day I take this at night before bed and I'm not sore the next day.  It's kind of amazing.  It also helps repair your muscle and helps them grow and become stronger after you've worked them.  I like it!


And on a closing note...  A friend of mine texted this to me last week.  It seemed appropriate!

No comments:

Post a Comment