Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Challenge Day Two!


Today was a day full of eating things that just really did not taste good.  One of the first was this fiber drink.  It's part of the 10-day cleanse part of the Advocare challenge.  It's not yummy.  It's slimy, and chunky, and really just kind of gross.  It took quite a lot of mental pep-talking for me to chug it down.  It's the most unpleasant part of the cleanse, but one of the most important.  On days 1-3 and 7-10 you drink one in the morning, so only two more days until I get a break!  It'll be worth it to get all the toxins and bad stuff washed out of my system, totally worth it.


The second "bad" thing was this juice.  It was....  There aren't words for how bad it was.  It was just terrible.  It had this severe afterburn after every drink.  It was as if after I swallowed the juice was afraid I'd forget it existed so it scalded the back of my throat as a not-so-gentle reminder.  The sweet carrots just could not make up for the grossness of the garlic and parsley.  Oh, it was bad.  Really really bad.


This salad looks good, doesn't it?  Wrong!  Okay, it might look good, but it just tasted terrible.  Let me start with what's in it.  Lying on a beautiful bed of butter lettuce (that I'm upset I ruined by making this salad) was chia seeds, cheddar cheese, a horribly failed attempt at grilled tofu, and honey dijon dressing.  My attempt with the tofu was to make it like Pei Wei does.  Pei Wei's tofu is this gorgeous, thinly sliced, grilled tofu that has so much texture and bite to it that it's like eating meat.  My tofu was mushy, tasteless, and had parts that were lightly grilled and parts that were grilled to death.  It also just fell apart and stuck to the pan.  Ugh.  I need to figure out how Pei Wei does their thing because this is just not working for me!  The cheese got stuck in clumps, the chia seeds tasted weird, and the dijon dressing is calorie-less and carb-less so it just tasted funky to begin with.


One thing that I ate today that was not disgusting was my lunch.  A cup of baby carrots, 1/4 cup of walnuts, and 1oz of cheddar cheese.  Yum!  I love making meals that have a little bit of a lot of things.  Having a variety of foods, even if it's only a small bit of each, makes me feel like I'm eating a lot more than I am and it fills me up faster.  I made a few of these snack packs to get me through the week and weekend.

The good thing about today is now I know what doesn't work for me.  I can use that now to figure out what does work.

No comments:

Post a Comment