Friday, April 4, 2014

Check It!

This morning I got up and decided to step on the scale.  I know, it's been 4 days since the challenge started but most of the ladies on DietBet weighed in this morning so I got the itch to do the same.  When I got on the scale I was so surprised that I stepped off and weighed myself again.  I'm down 5.2 pounds!  I'm sure a great deal of that is from the cleanse.  Yay!  It's so exciting. 





I was so excited and inspired by the loss that I decided that I was going, for the first time, to trek the stairs in my house as my workout.  I went up and down these stairs 45 times.  Let me tell you, stair climbing is insanely intense cardio!  I huffed and puffed like you've never seen.  I'm already dreading the pain that will be my thighs tomorrow, but I feel so stinkin' accomplished.


I showered and got ready to go pick up my nephew.  Once I was out of the shower I got a text from my friend who is leading the Advocare challenge that she wanted to go to the Arbor Hills Nature Preserve.  It is a gorgeous day out today and walking around the Preserve sounded like a whole lot of fun, so I agreed.  We ended up walking for an hour.  It was nice to be able to be outdoors and be active, but it was extra nice to do so while catching up with a friend. 

Between the stairs and the Preserve I walked over 10,000 steps today!  My daily goal is 7,000 so that tells you how well I did.  Suffice it to say that I am kicking butt in the challenges!


And because I can't post a blog without food in it - my breakfast, eggs and bacon.  Yum!

1 comment: