Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Recovery





 This is what has been staring me in the face every day at work.  How evil is that?  I've been showing great self-control, though.  Those little balls are Sixlets and Sixlets are delicious!  Yes, I've indulged in some Sixlets but I'm limiting myself to two of the little tubes per day I work.  There's only 60 calories and 5g of carbs total there so I don't feel bad about it.  Plus, I get to eat candy.  Yum!


Today is the first day since Friday that I've been able to exercise.  Somebody remind me that walking stairs 45 times is a bad idea the next time I want to do it!  Saturday I was sore, but Sunday I was so sore I had to wrap my calves in ACE bandages so that I could push through work.  Sunday night I had to get out of bed to get a heating pad because my legs hurt so much.  Ugh!  I'm still sore, but now only marginally.

Today it was about 70 degrees and gorgeous outside so I took a walk.  I walked the half mile to a lake near our house.  I was standing on the sidewalk to take this picture.  Back to the left around the curve of the lake the sidewalk winds and then stops.  I stopped at the end and did a 25-minute arm workout on Workout Trainer, then turned around and came home.  It was very nice!


This was my lunch on Saturday.  One cup of broccoli, one cup of cauliflower, one-half cup of baby carrots, and one ounce each of cheddar cheese, pepperjack cheese, and mixed nuts.  I found the saltiness of the mixed nuts was a really great compliment to the veggies.  I've already packed my lunch for tomorrow the same way, except instead of nuts - which I'm almost out of - I've mixed some dip for the veggies.




And this was my lunch yesterday.  Are you jealous?  I'm jealous of myself for getting to eat it yesterday!  I spread two low-carb tortillas with a tablespoon each of cream cheese, then I layered on turkey lunchmeat and added one ounce of cheddar cheese.  It got grilled in a pan with some butter until the tortillas were nice and crispy.  Along with it I had a glass of juice that had carrots, parsley, and cabbage in it.  It was so very stinkin' delicious, the entire thing. 

My skin is starting to show signs of dehydration - mainly getting flaky patches that look like I've buffed with sandpaper.  I've been drinking between 7 and 11 glasses of water per day, but it's time to step it up.  It's so hard for me to drink a lot of water.  To me, 7-11 glasses is a lot of water.  I'm not sure if the dehydration is because I'm working out and therefore need extra hydration, or maybe it's from the cleanse I'm doing and that's causing me not to absorb the water I'm drinking before it's getting flushed out of my system.  In two days the cleanse will be over so I'll up my water intake and keep it up as I move into the next phase of my challenge.

2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful pic of the lake. And of the food! lol yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up Kathryn! The cleanse will improve your absorption once it's over so I'm sure you'll be good!

    ReplyDelete